Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

So, once again I think I'm losing my mind. I don't know what's up but I just keep forgetting and missing things. Yesterday I once again blew off a doctor's appointment as I totally forgot about it (granted it was a follow up on an issue that's been resolved but still…) and worse still I've been thinking I'm on vacation next week (as in Sept. 22-26) when in fact I'm off THIS weekend. And have no plans. And with this late planning probably won't be able to make plans. Oh my goodness!!

It's funny, and those that been to my place may or may not agree, but I'm actually quite organized. I'm not sure what's up. I have a Palm Pilot that I keep my whole life in but for the past 6 months seems I only check it after missing something. The doctor thing is only partly my fault as I've asked numerous times for them to switch the reminder calls to my cell, as I simply don't check my home phone messages. I guess because my life has kind of been on this repetitive treadmill I just don't stop to think ahead like I once did.

I hate to start thinking of the "D" word again but I really am out of synch lately. I have been squandering the time I have being lazy or simply not being home as being home alone makes my feel sorry for myself. As a result I probably been drinking too much, seeing too many movies, spending too much time at Barnes and Noble and way too much time eating bad food. I just hate being home alone too long. I leave my house at 8:15 a.m. every day and don't get home until after 8:00 pm and eat etc its 9:30. It kinda sucks but again it keeps me occupied.

On top of all that I feel like I have been chained to work. It's hard as we been busy but as I woke Saturdays and we have so many employees for a small business trying to get time off is a hassle, as you have to plan months in advance. I'm going to Cincinnati for the Pat's game in 2 weeks and I'm literally flying in Sunday morning for a 4:00 game and leaving Monday. I get frustrated as after 18 years I guess I feel I'm owed more in the priority department on days off but that's the reality of retail

So, now I need to decide do I work or do I take the time off and do nothing really? I can do some work around my place I'm sure. I could also bank the days in case something comes up in November or something or get paid for them in January. I'm hoping when my boss gets back from his vacation tomorrow I can switch to next weekend. Not that I have plans, but now knowing I have it off I can at least scramble to make some.
Dammit!!!

No comments: