Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pissing the Night Away

Let’s see what’s pissing me off today:

1) People who won’t get off their cell phone to even show the slightest bit of common courtesy to people around them (the cashier, the salesperson etc). They are close brethren to the people whose calls are way more important for your time. “I need to take this call, I’ll be right back”. Yea, right, and since you’re so much more important then me, I’ll be waiting

2) The jackass whose phone goes off in the movie theatre even tho it’s not just common fuckin sense but they actually ASK you to silence your phone at the beginning of the movie

3) People who force you to have to put up signs that you should never have to put up. I.e. “please don’t spit in fountain”, “please don’t curb your dog here”.

4) Anyone wearing those stupid plastic clog things straight out of Nantucket. Ewww

5) The dippy, dumbass chick from Quebec in the convertible in front of me in the fast lane on the Jersey Turnpike going 55 MPH and swerving in and out of the lane because she’s blabbing away on her cell when I’m anxious to get to where I’m going

6) Anyone working at any kind of service job who just plain doesn’t speak English at all. If I hired someone to work at my pizza place I would make sure they at least understood the words “pizza”, “slice”, and “pepperoni”

7) That the people who work the desk at a hotel/motel etc cannot convey to housekeeping when someone is checking out that day. If checkout time is 10:00 A.M. don’t coming knocking at my door at 8:30 A.M. repeatedly saying “hoooousssekeeping” when you know damned well I’m leaving in 90 minutes at the longest. AND if they clean the rooms so early, why is it you can’t check in until 3:00 P.M.?

8) When you opt to sit outside at a restaurant on a cool but nice night and the outdoor heating makes it more oppressive then sitting inside in August with no air conditioning. In Houston. Talk about ruining the ambience

9) When I travel and (this has happened 3 times now) people on hearing my accent and realizing I’m from out of town ask if I’m town for the race. As in auto race. As in NASCAR! I’m like, listen to my accent rufus, do you think a born and bred Bostonian is traveling south for a car race? Dear lord!

10) When I’m eating out and oder drinks then have the server back 2 minutes later looking for an order. I haven’t even had a sip of my drink. Then after constant pestering, place my appetizer order then have them come back 2 minutes later looking for the food order! The idea of an appetizer is to get and finish it before the meal. Come back when I’m done simpleton. The worst is when I’m only half way through my appetizer and the freakin meal comes!! OK, I’m a business man and trust me I understand the concept of turnover, BUT when the server is simply going from your table to shitting around with his coworkers, then it’s just wrong!

OK, just hadda get that off my chest!

No comments: